View Single Post
Old
01-07-2012, 12:41 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushinsky4tsar View Post
If the planned realignment can't happen for 12-13, that sucks but oh well. But there is absolutely no excuse for making Winnipeg play in the SE one more season. I don't see why the NHL couldn't have adopted a contingency plan, even if it was a temporary solution out ahead of the master realignment plan.

There are willing volunteers from the West to go East. Nashville makes the most geographical sense for the SE, but if they don't want to deal with the ET, fine. Columbus might prefer the Atlantic, but I'm sure they would settle for the Southeast. If they can't work it out, then I even like the suggestion to swap directly w/ Minnesota and let the Wild take their crack at the SE for one season. Our travel wouldn't be anymore messed up than what it is right now.

Seriously, this should be an easy short term fix under the current division format which leaves everyone happier than the current setup:

*Columbus to SE
*Winnipeg to NW
*Dallas probably gets first dibs at the Central (because screw Minnesota), but that will only work if Colorado is agreeable to the Pacific. If not, then the Wild get the nod, tough nuts for at least one more season, Dallas.

Hopefully things will come together and Dallas, Winnipeg, and Minnesota are all in the Central soon enough.
A short term fix removes the urgency for the real fix. If the league allows a couple of the issues to be resolved, they risk losing the votes for the major realignment.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote