View Single Post
Old
01-07-2012, 01:51 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
I'll say this, if Montreal doesn't get a proper #1 we'll be in same situation as Koivu all over again. A 1B center given too much work. Reality is, if Getzlaf were #1, Plekanec instantly becomes better and has an easier career. The center position has been a major fail in montreal and it needs to be addressed. I'd also like to point out it would be ideal to have a 3rd line center remaining. Thinking of a guy like Eller with some two-way ability in 3rd line spot is excellent.

In a world where we give up no assets(because I can't predict what we'd give up):

Getzlaf
Plekanec
Eller
DD as fill in center for injuries, shake ups, etc.

As offensive centers.

IMO, we're lacking the depth we used to have. Because of this, we can't really make a play for many #1 guys because we'd create holes.

One guy that I think is a winner, a little bit of a whiner but a winner is Mike Richards. I would've loved a Richards+Plekanec+Eller combo although I prefer Getzlaf. Problem is, do we have this sort of package:

Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds and a second-round draft pick in 2012.

The pick? Sure
Simmonds and Schenn. Pacioretty and Eller ish? It's not that bad and i'd do it, but what if they asked for someone else.

All I know is that Getzlaf is a weird option because he's got 1 year left on contract. Richards is signed for life at a good cap and a harder working player.

It annoys me that the habs do not take part in such deals because they DO help and quality>quantity. You need two top 6 centers and while I like DD and Eller, they are not ready and should be complimentary guys who provide secondary offense and great value.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote