View Single Post
Old
01-07-2012, 08:39 AM
MorrisWanchuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Just finished watching the game.... Anyone have the slightest clue why Malkin was permitted to leave the ice after the icing call where Girardi beat him to the puck? 5 seconds and change left on the clock and Malkin is allowed to head to the bench just before the ensuing face-off in the Pens zone.... Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but I just don't understand why it happened and why Sam & Joe didn't notice or comment on it.... The player replacing him on the ice was already on the ice so it's not like he had an equipment problem and headed to the bench first before another player was told by the coach to jump on the ice... Looked like an illegal line change to me...

Lundqvist and McDonagh were brilliant tonight... Best players on the ice...

The penalty call on Staal was a total "make-up call" for having to disallow the goal after the incidental contact was make on Henke to deny the Pens their goal.

As i said in the GDT. I think Sam and Joe screwed up. I believe the call was for deliberate offside. As the play was happening, Malkin was at the right boards and offside as the puck was played in. Even though Girardi 'iced' the puck, the whistle blew before he touched it as Malkin failed to go back onsides.

Sam and Joe often mix up deliberate offsides & icing.

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote