View Single Post
Old
01-07-2012, 10:59 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N9Y4R View Post
I agree with Monkey and Jas who have been pimping Ruutu. He should not cost a core piece and is a FA to be. I have no desire to add $$'s going into a summer with a new CBA looming. Ryan to me is over-rated for what he brings and would cost in trade.

Ruutu is the perfect piece. Top 6 LW who plays our style, hard on the puck in your face hockey. Hits everything HARD, great on the forecheck, solid in all 3 zones and can score. He would compliment Stepan and Richards very well doing the gritty dirty work in the O zone. This would allow Anisimov to move into a 3rd line role either at C moving Boyle to 4th line C, or on a 3rd line W. Team gets deeper, grittier and tougher.

There is no need for any major moves right now. This team is rolling and still in the early stages of success. A minor move to improve the top 6 depth this year, let the team make a run and see what happens. We should be in great shape next year if not better to build on the success.
I agree.

Id like to see Arty back at center. On the third line. Let him use his strengths. Two way play in the middle.

Ruutu would open space for Step and Gabby. Well, theoretically, anyway.

Wont cost a lot to get him.

Wait for Kreider to arrive. Bring Tuomo back for a couple years. He's still 28.