View Single Post
Old
01-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAVgal View Post
Good win by the Flyers or should I say the Philadelphia Brieres. Danny Boy with the hatty and a fight! Is it 5 tomorrow yet? Bourdon was horrible today. Get Walker or Marshall up..please!
Seriously?! Bourdon has been pretty damn consistent on that third pairing, 20 games played, 15 mins per game, even +/- (******** stat, but still) and hardly a game where you go 'oh ****, Bourdon is on the ice. Tonight was probably his worst so far.

Marshall and Walker scare me senseless each time they are on the ice, and Lilja does not instill any confidence at all.

Lilja plays 12-13 mins per game, Walker 10, Marshall under 9, and still all three have managed to make mistakes galore in those few minutes they do.

You can't do anything in the NHL with your sixth D-man playing ~8-12 mins with no special team play from them whatsoever.

Look at the best teams in the league... sixth D plays 14-16ish mins, McQuaid in Boston, Alberts in Vancouver, O'Donnell in Chicago, Kindl in Detroit, Cole/Russell in St. Louis, White/Demers/Braun in San Jose, Engeland and Despres in Pitt.

Only Eminger on NYR has less than 14 mins as a sixth D on a team that looks like they can go far in the playoffs.

How many team in the playoff picture have a 6th D on below 13 mins? Us, Florida , Washington (but arguably Erskine is their 7th guy.) No-one else.

Hence why I'd like Gus back to hopefully put in 16-17 mins a game.

Bourdon is our 6th best D man IMO, at this moment, and has done damn well for a rookie everyone thought was never going to make the NHL>

Timonen
>>
Coburn
> Mez=Carle
>>
Gustafsson
>Bourdon
>Lilja
>>> The others

Marshall and Walker should not be on our blueline. Was hoping Lilja would be a good 6th D, but apart from a few games he has been god awful, O'Donnell was twice as good as him.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote