View Single Post
Old
01-07-2012, 05:48 PM
YARR123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHefe View Post
Are you sure you want Petri Vehanen for starting goalie for team Finland? He is 21st best goalie right now in KHL however he is a world champion and knows what you need for a victory. Karri Rämö and Ari Ahonen has both played better than him for example in the russian league. Even Teemu Lassila is ahead of him.

Also i would think carefully after choosing Leino to the team. He needs to play in the first or second line and this season as we all know he has proved nothing with the Sabres. We need players that are in good shape right when the WC starts. My dream lines would be like this:

Ruutu-M.Koivu-J.Jokinen
Granlund-Immonen-Selänne
Korpikoski-Filppula-XXX
Petrell-Nokelainen-Komarov

Lydman-Pitkänen
Timonen-Väänänen
Vatanen-Niskala

Rinne
Lehtonen
I'd take Vehanen any day of the week over Rämö or Ahonen, he's proven many times that when the Finnish jersey is on, he's rock solid. I don't want to look too much into stats, Vehanen is a very skilled goalie with so much guts, he doesn't break up in tough situations. If we get Rinne, then fine, but I'm not at all worried if Vehanen is our number 1.

What's with salivating over a dream team when it's not realistic. Right now Timonen and Filppula are definately not going to be available, also looks like Minnesota is making the Play offs this season so M. Koivu probably isn't there either.

On the NT Leino doesn't necessarily need to play top-6, we will definately have 3 lines for scoring, and as long as it's a line where he can hold on to the puck as much as he wants he is definately worth taking on the team. If he's the bad version of Leino, we can keep him as 13th attacker, if he is the good version, he could be the best player on the team. There is definately huge rewards to be reaped if his game clicks.

It's a cool idea to put Granlund play with Selänne, but I doubt anyone would keep Koivu and Teemu on the same team and not play them on the same line.