View Single Post
Old
12-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Default101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
I recall that a big part of the submission by London was that they would essentially have a team at least as good as the one that lost to Guelph in the division final in '04.

Oshawa will have the new building but I wonder how they will improve their team enough by next year. I gotta believe that they are more than 1 or 2 years away. Sarnia appears to be building some young depth, but their building is small. You gotta remember that another component is a guaranteed profit figure. The bidders are on the hook for that. They will need City money for sure. And a lot of it.
They have been going crazy with this last time they had marches, and people signing donation slips saying they'd donate so much if the memorial cup and so on, Sarnia will have a great team in 3 years, and the Sarnia Sports and Entertianment Centre has i beleve 200 higher Capacity than Guelph's arena so that clearly can't really be an issue, if your thinking of Sarnia Arena it's small (2,700) but they haven't played there since 96-97 they build a whole new complex to support jr. hockey (5,500) and they've made it clear they're gonna go through the same whole process they went through last time, not to say they're going to get it but i can guarentee they'll be the finalists, and i can also say it will go to either sarnia or a team in the east no western team as far as i know is even going to enter a bid except for Sarnia.