Old
01-07-2012, 06:20 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
It's actually a perfect storm I feel.

Losing Zues/symth/Simmer, has impacted this team for the worse. If Dean is so bent on running the Same system, he should have never let those guys out of LA.

This current roster doesn't play that system down low Consistently. Also what the hell is whith Jack/Drew; They wait all the time for Defenders to get into position.

I know for a fact that is not on ANY coaches diagram. Firing Stevens/Komp whatever is not going to make a lick of difference.

This roster can't score, by now they should have scored at 2.5 Goal pace by accident.
Sure bringing in new coaches would have a massive impact on how the team plays. Stevens ruins our defencive play (pun intended) and whatever the kids are doing wrong on D would be addressed and corrected by a more knowledgeable coach. Stevens simply isn't a good defencive coach. Just because he was a head coach in Philly doesn't mean he is capable of being a good coach at one portion of the play.

I am not certain about Zuess leaving being the problem but the Simmonds Clifford Lewis (etc) line was an exceptional line. That said Richards was worth the deal and Simmonds doesn't do anything so special that he shouldn't be able to be replaced effectively, especially when you consider how overloaded we are with top end D talent.

The current roster also absolutely plays the exact same system down low that they have been for the past year and a half.

If you want to point the finger at when we stopped having an effective and balanced scoring/D attack take a look back at when Hardy ran our D. The D was much better prepared and also played a much more aggressive style when he was here then it currently does.

Hardy was also the architect of DD8's best season so far as well.

If coaching wouldn't make a like of difference then why are coaches so important to a teams overall success? Why fire Murray at all?

I have to disagree with you.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote