01-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
IMO they are farther away than you think.

The only top 6 fowards worth keeping are Kopitar, Richards, and Brown.

The bottom 6? Maybe Clifford b/c of his age but he should be in the AHL. I don't think any of the rest of the bottom six are keepers if you have your eyes set on the SC.

So that's 7-9 forwards that need upgrading.

The defense? Pretty solid now but Johnson looks like he isn't going to get any better and Scuderi, Greene, and Mitchell will need to be replaced in the next 1-3 years.

Overall, Lombardi has created a complete mess...with no cap room to spare.
All that stuff can be fixed over a year and a half in theory. I mean...and I know people might get pissed off over me saying this, but Burke did it. Bottom six guys are able to be found if we have the right GM in place to evaluate NHL talent and it is abundantly clear we DO NOT.

The bottom six on this team is a problem of unbelievable scope. As you said there's one bottom six forward on this team worth keeping at best, but those guys can be acquired. The GM just has to have the correct vision. The guy we have now says he has that vision. That comes into question ever more by the day. If this continues there's no doubt TL will pull the plug on Dean. He had no problem doing it with Murray.

The only thing that separates DL from regular schmuck GM #12 is that Dean says he has a plan. Unfortunately that's how it looks. Our forward depth below this level is screwed. Team's begging for a callup with nobody to call.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote