View Single Post
Old
11-06-2003, 12:59 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Hey LMHF#1, no rebuttal to my Horcoff is shaping up to bust out post? Tim Connolly chokes on Horcoff's dust. Check out his last years stats 2002/03 Buffalo Sabres 80 12 13 25 32 -28 6 0 2 0 159 7.55. A minus 28? Give us a break! Come on, hit me with your best shot!
I thought I've already said my piece on Horcoff enough times and it was old and tired by now, so didn't really feel the need to put out a big long drawn out post. It comes down to simple talent for me, and Horcoff does not have the talent to be even a 2nd line center. It is painfully obvious that Connolly had his worst year last year, BUT, he has proven that he is a talented hockey player, played in the league at age 18, and has the skill. With Connolly there's something there to be found, and I don't see that at all with Horcoff. Horcoff is 3 years older, and has never come close to matching Connolly's highs. This is also a question of what our team needs, and frankly, we don't need a player of Shawn Horcoff's type right now. We have enough of those guys.

Tim Connolly-highly skilled player capable of putting up points and providing offence who is in a slump right now and playing behind 2 excellent centers.

Shawn Horcoff- checking center who gets to play on the first line and can't manage points, limited offensive capability, ANCHOR and PPL.

BTW, if you're gonna make that +/- argument, check out Miro's right now....

As for the bust-out comment, PPL busting out would be getting 40 points.....I can see the worshippers now