Thread: Canucks/Bruins
View Single Post
Old
01-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Kmode

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FROMSHORETOCHARA View Post
honestly he'd have trouble fighting Thornton if Thornton had just finished competing in a triathlon.

That's a pretty good line, well done.

As far as code goes, if weisse has fought quaider, or looch, or chara, I would totally agree that he didn't owe anyone a 2nd fight, especially thornton the bruins 4th line tough guy.

BUT, the reason thornton was so mad at him was because he felt weisee broke the code by fighting a first line player with PCS, rather than a fellow fighter.

Same thing with hansen, normally if mcqauid went after a player like him, even I, as a bruins fan, would say what the heck is he doing going after a non fighter. But if you spear a guy in the nuts, you can't turn around and say "I don't believe in violence in hockey".

And if you break the code like weisse did by fightng horton, I think Weisse really looks silly hiding behind the code and refusing to fight for a 2nd time.[/QUOTE]

It's not like he jumped Horton and forced him to fight. Horton willingly dropped them with Weise. Is Weise supposed to say, "No, you are a first liner, code says I can't fight you."

Give me a break man.

Weise got a penalty for trying to goade Thornton, so he got what he deserved. End of story.

What about Chara and basically everyone else always acting tough towards the Sedins? I find that more cowardly than anything because you know you aren't even going to get a reaction from them. It's like bullying.....not cool!

Kmode is offline   Reply With Quote