View Single Post
Old
01-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Stasis
Mad Decent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
One thing that really bothers me in regards to Dubinsky is how negative so many Ranger fans are when it comes to him. It's amazing to me. A home grown player, who is still just a kid, that has shown tons of potential, and there are so many who couldn't care less if he were traded. So many who act like his $4.2 million contract is equivalent to the dozens and dozens and dozens of mercenaries we've brought in over the years who have stolen money from this organization and weren't close to the type of player Dubinsky is. It's pretty embarrassing. Those people will always talk about consistency, as if every player who isn't elite doesn't struggle with that. It's always interesting to me how selective people are with things. So many times when Dubi takes a penalty people will act like he's the dumbest player in the league who has his head up his ass. Yet Cally will take the same types of penalties and it's because he tries so hard. I just will never understand the hate that Dubi has received dating back to him missing sprints in training camp two years. Since that point its been criticism at every opportunity and include him in every trade possible. Dubinsky is a gamer and not even in his prime yet. He is part of the core and it would be nice if people really started to appreciate him and accept that.

Edit: That's why my title is FunkDubiEst. He's been in a kind of funk. It happens to the best players in the league. I see him working hard out there all the time, and if that's not enough, you see the way Torts refers to him in 24-7. If he were a crappy player not giving an effort, Torts would NOT be shy to say it and react to it.

Stasis is offline   Reply With Quote