View Single Post
Old
01-07-2012, 11:33 PM
third man in

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
Every coach juggles lines. Unless the team is winning and the coach is satisfied, in which case only the vast majority of coaches juggle lines.

It was a stupid reason to criticize Carlyle and it is a stupid reason to criticize Boudreau, even moreso since he can't reasonably have a sense of where the chemistry is yet.

One thing I do criticize Boudreau over that is line juggling related is that he doesn't seem to have done his homework when it comes to this roster. Taking Selanne off the first PP unit, immediately dismantling a 2nd line that had been our best line prior to his arrival, you get the impression that he came in with a "I'll figure it out as I go" mindset. Which to me only adds to the impression that he doesn't have a plan.
There are Caps fans myself included who would swear he did this during his 4 years with the Caps. In the playoffs it was even worse. As far as line juggling it seemed the first sign of any problem win or lose that it was the only trick he has up his sleeve. Oh and also to play Ovie at defense when the team is down by 3 goals.

good luck. I hope he fares better in Cali

third man in is online now   Reply With Quote