View Single Post
Old
01-07-2012, 11:38 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Wow. This is actually really, really tough. I love Bobby Ryan, but I just don't think I'd be willing to give up what it takes to get him...

Untouchables for Ryan:
Giroux (obviously)
Couturier (obviously)
Schenn (just can't deal the Richards center-piece for a lesser player IMO... especially after he is getting hot).

Really, really, really don't want to move:
Voracek: He's so strong on the puck, he maneuvers through the neutral zone w/ such ease, he's a great playmaker, he is also very defensively responsible as he pretty much ALWAYS makes the correct play in his own zone and backchecks very hard. On top of all this, he's working harder than ever and is still clearly growing as a player.

Would be reluctant to move:
JVR: It's a lateral move. Ryan is probably the better player right now, but JVR has the higher potential (at least IMO). I think we've seen the best out of Ryan (35g, 70pts) playing on that RPG line. I think JVR has 40+goal, 80+ point potential. He's younger, on the better contract, etc.

Would give up:
Simmonds
Read

Any Prospect not currently on the Flyers
2012 picks (all of them are in play)
2013 picks (all of them are in play)

I just don't see any way to get a trade done without starting w/ Schenn (non-starter IMO), Voracek (another non-starter IMO), or JVR (reluctant) and then adding to it, so I'd probably have to say no...

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote