View Single Post
Old
01-08-2012, 12:47 AM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
I'd say no.

I know 2nd rounders have roughly a 20% chance of ever making an impact in the NHL, I can only imagine how bad the % is for a 3rd rounder... why would we trade a guy already making an impact who is blazing fast and dirt cheap for the next 3 years for a 3rd round pick?

Doesn't make much sense, does it?

That's about what his actual value is at, just go look at the Powe and a host of other similar trades. However, you are correct in that WE wouldn't trade him for just a 3rd right now because he's a signed player (unlike Powe when we traded him) and he fulfills the role we expect of him very well for the salary we are paying him. For us to trade him (as another in here said) we'd expect one of the following: 1) a dman with 3rd pairing ability who would slot in ahead of both Lilja and MAB, 2) a young prospect (not yet in the NHL) who projects to have a higher upside than Z (2nd pairing dman or 2nd/3rd line tweener), or 3) 2nd rnd pick (plus maybey another later rnd pick too).

While this may be what WE'd need to trade Z, no team would actually offer that much so you can't say that his actual value is that much.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote