View Single Post
Old
12-20-2005, 05:42 PM
goodrev

vCash: 500
With rookies like Ovechkin, Svatos, Boyes, and Vanek putting up points so far this year i have been dissapointed with his lack of scoring. He has less points than both Kyle Wellwood and Alexander Steen from Toronto, both players that he is supposed to be outstandingly better than. As of this point i have seen very little proof that he has the great PK ability that they claim he has and he is very bad at controlling the puck and sub par at passing. I am sure his vision may be there but he needs to work on his overall ice awareness. I know he missed a lot of training time while he was sick with mono but i have seen nothing from him that shows how good he could be

Richards on the other hand has really shown that he can be a impact player in this league, Umberger has impressed me as well. Both of these players i have watched and caught myself saying "wow" or "nice play" while that just doesnt happen watching carter... personally i have so far been more impressed with the play of Ben Eager then Carter also... these guys seem to go out and work every shift and while they are out there you notice they are out there "mostly" because they are working hard and making plays to get the puck in the offensive zone and working it on the boards, which is rare in young players.