Thread: Speculation: Teemu: a faint hope?
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Blackie Dammit
proud flatlander

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl4 View Post
To me it wouldn't make any sense. I am a huge Selanne fan, loved watching him in Jets 1.0 and being at the Ducks game this year was unreal! All that being said, I think we have to come to reality here. Selanne has said he will not uproot his family anywhere, he is a family man with 4 kids and even a month or two is long so I doubt he would agree to come here. Secondly, the Jets are a team that's building for the future. How would it make sense to trade draft picks or prospects in order to get Selanne for a month or two. Yes he's still unreal at his age and posting strong numbers, but why would we give away anything that would help build us for the future to acquire a good player for 2 months and who will not re-sign for a full year next year which I can garantee you he won't. I am not a Selanne hater, quite the opposite he is actually my favourite Jets player of all time and I would honestly love to see him here, but we need to stop thinking of Jets 1.0 and look at what's best for this team moving forward. We need to get over the nostalgia of the Jets and think what makes sense. Cheveldayoff won't make a move to bring a former star for 2 months to appease fans. He will make moves to build depth and the future of this team. I think as fans we need to understand that although we have an NHL team back with the same name, it is no longer 1996.

It makes complete sense if you think about it from an owners or managers standpoint. MONEY MONEY MONEY

What would the Jets lose? 1 defenseman and a 3rd?

Have you seen our prospect pool of defensemen, it's overflowing.

The move would not be to please the fans, it would make TN millions and give the team a better chance to make the playoffs........and a few more million.

Blackie Dammit is offline   Reply With Quote