View Single Post
Old
01-08-2012, 12:00 PM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Yeah the truth lies somewhere in between in most cases, and while we haven't been offensive juggernauts and a team that destroys our opponent, the fact of the matter is we're one of the best defensive teams in the league. Our defense corps has stood tall all see despite the plethora and magnitude of injuries. Henrik, who is dominant every year, is off to the best start of his career. Biron has been excellent and is one of the best backups in the league. These things matter. We don't have to apologize for being a very good defensive team.

I've been saying it again and again and again since the lockout, but if you don't perform on special teams in this league you are not going to win. It's really that simple. When we get into very tight seven game series' the power play and penalty kill will be what it comes down to. It always does. And the power play will need to be there for us in the post season. I still think that Richards is getting used to the power play and getting used to the players he's out there with. They need to leave him at the point though. The problem, IMO is the other point. I don't like having Del Zotto on one side and Richards on the other because I'd rather them be on separate units. Love Girardi but not a huge fan of him on the PP. Plus he plays so much I don't even want to use him there. I'd also rather Richards be on his off side because he does have a very good slapper that can be effective off a one timer. I would like to see McDonagh on the PP to be quite honest. I think he could be very serviceable.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote