Thread: Pre-Game Talk: Washington vs. LA; New Lines
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Ah, was looking for a thread to talk about this

I am very happy with those lines. Most importantly, the breaking up of Richards and Kopitar. It was just ridiculous watching them run into each other behind the net on every play. They had no chemistry whatsoever and were both acting like #1 centers on one line.

That third line has been buzzing, so I am glad that they are left together. Brown has been good on the left side as of late, and Williams desperately needs a boost, he doesn't belong on the third line as he isn't the best two way winger.

Stoll is miserable at center. Yeah, he can take faceoffs, but entering the opponent's zone is always met with failure and he doesn't have the playmaking ability to setup his wingers, and none of our wingers really have the playmaking ability to set him up in the slot, and he keeps trying to snipe the corner in traffic, which results in missing the net wide rather than just getting the puck on net.

It is time to put our top 6 talent on the top 6 and leave them there, we are going to sink or swim with them at the helm. Richardson and Lewis were a good experiment, I applaud the idea, but their speed doesn't make up for the fact that they have no hands and a limited shot selection. Hopefully Richards can get something out of them.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote