View Single Post
Old
01-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
If you're not a member of the Big 3, then for me...you're not untouchable.

I don't believe Poile would pull the trigger on anything involving Wilson unless he gets the best player in the deal and that player is a longer-term solution rather than just a rental.

When Calgary acquired Jarome Iginla from Dallas they traded Joe Nieuwendyk to the Stars to complete their team and earn them a Cup. It was a great move for both teams. Dallas was a newer team in the South that was close, but needed that extra piece to really make them a contender. Calgary was rebuilding and got a new fresh faced franchise forward in return. The deal took both teams to the Cup Finals. Dallas won theirs, Calgary did not.

Iginla was tearing up juniors the season he was traded and never dressed for Dallas. Colin Wilson is an NHL roster player coming into his own this season and beginning to live up to the expectations that made him a first round pick. I think Feaster is looking for that same deal his predecessor made ~15 years ago, but that will not be with Nashville.

Poile is not in a position to move Wilson for a short term rental regardless of who that player is. Colin Wilson is a big part of the Predators future and unless someone of that same ilk is coming back, he will not be moved...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote