View Single Post
Old
01-08-2012, 02:13 PM
ean

vCash: 500
All the GM can do is get the right personnel in the locker room, coaches and players. After that is up to the coach to get the right players on the ice. And after that it is up to the players on the ice to execute.

I think there are some things that coaching has (and is still) not done properly. The GM brought in a new coach, and we've seen better results.

Do we really need to bring in a special GM or coach to tell JJ to hit the net with his shot? Or for DD to move laterally on the PP to open up shooting/passing lanes? Or for Dustin Brown to actually move his feet, crash the net,and finish his checks whenever he can?

All of these players have done these things well at one point in their careers and are not doing it now. That's nobodies fault but their own.

I look at this as nothing more than a player execution problem. To me, it also involves the fact that Dustin Brown is not a fit leader. I think he's a good hockey player, and he's great in the community, but I don't think he is a good leader.

ean is offline   Reply With Quote