View Single Post
Old
01-08-2012, 02:19 PM
JohnLennon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I keep hearing this and its getting quite annoying. Who can't gain the offensive zone in our team? Are we talking about Plekanec, Gionta, Eller, Cole, MaxPac, AK?

Yeah, he's good at bringing the puck from d-zone to the opponent blue line, and that's about it. But it's not like something this team needs or fails to do. All the players above can do that quite easily with their speed and agility. Gomez is slightly better but he's not missed just because of that.
When you bring speed into it, that's more looking at a situation where they are gaining the zone against little resistance. When there are defencemen that our players need to get around in order to get into the opposition's zone, Gomez is one of the best.

Plekanec has been awful at getting around players for the most part this season, and Gionta's speed is useless when he has to get around multiple players (up close) to get into the zone. Those two players have been pretty mediocre at gaining the zone this season, and Eller has only recently picked up his play in that regard.

Cole has been exceptional at this. Max Pacioretty for the most part just dumps it in, and AK is okay. The best players at this in my opinion are Cole, DD and Gomez. When only one of your centerman is any good at this, it's not a good sign. He just needs to get better at actually playing the puck once he gets into the zone.

Of course, this is all personal opinion/observations, and you have your right to disagree. I just feel we are missing this is aspect to our game.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote