View Single Post
Old
01-08-2012, 06:31 PM
C77

vCash: 500
I went to the game today.

De Haan got injured....I didn't see the play I just saw him sliding on the ice (laying down) for about 50 feet. When he got up it looked like a separated shoulder...He was in real obvious pain. He did not return to the game.

Anyways, Bridgeport was a bit better than Providence although, as expected, neither team was very impressive.

There was an awesome fight between Olson and Robins...Robins was nuts giving away a good amount of size but he tagged Olson good with one shot. Toward the end of the lengthy bout Olson was throwing wild haymakers...If one had connected it would have been ugly.

Otherwise...both teams had long 5 on 3's in the first period. Providence did nothing with theirs and De Haan hit the post.

Oleksy skated well...and Cizikas was around the puck a lot.

Poulin wasn't challenged too much...Providence only had 4 shots in the 2nd period.

If Bridgeport had more talented forwards they could have won the game with 5 goals...Providence was turning the puck over unforced at their defensive blue line....really inexcusable stuff too a couple times like a defenseman trying to stickhandle around a forechecker instead of making a sure play.

For Providence, Colby Cohen was noticeably bad. Bodnarchuk skated real well. Bartkowski was decent but he isn't a really fluid type of defenseman. Khudobin kept the P-Bruins in the game with some good saves.