View Single Post
Old
12-20-2005, 09:36 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
I really think Carter can be an offensive dynamo like Jason Spezza, but with better skating ability. When I said that Carter would benefit from a year in the AHL, I meant it. Look at what it did for Spezza. Yes, he dominated there and some may have considered it a step back, but Spezza really stepped forward this year. So, I can't see how being a 20 year old and dominating a league is a bad thing. Carter didn't dominate when he was in the OHL and he had a tremendous playoff run with the Phantoms. I still think that playing one full season in the AHL would have done him a world of good.

There may be less talent in the AHL this year, but our Phantoms team is horrible. This would have given Carter the opportunity to step his play to another level, carry the Phantoms team, and show the Flyers what he can do. That, my friends, would be an impressive feat. So, I don't see how that is a step down in terms of developing a player. He dominates, carries a team, and ends up with an abundance of confidence. It probably also means more than 11 minutes of ice time a night.....lol.....I'm not gonna let that go people