View Single Post
Old
01-08-2012, 11:12 PM
DonthaveaCOWEN

vCash: 500
At what point does Lehner get called-up to backup Andy for Playoff Run

Just looking at Bingo, they are clearly having a rough year. It's great that Lehner is getting good playing time down there but that team is destined to finish at the bottom of the league by the looks of it.

In more cases than not, after playing yesterday and ALOT lately, McLean would have likely gone to the backup goalie for tonights game versus Philly, however he clearly doesn't have confidence in Auld to spot starts, especially against caliber teams like Philly.

I think we agree that we are "all-in" for the playoffs and there is no turning back. I think the majority also agree that we should "go for it as is" and not mortgage the future for deadline rentals (i.e Sutton, Cullen for picks and prospects). We already made our big splash for Turris. However, it is clear that Auld is not a capable backup to play a stretch of games or playoff games if it came to it. So with Bingo a write off for a year, and the losing environment he's been exposed to for most of the year...at what point do we call up Lehner to back-up Andy for the rest of the season as he'll need a rest here and there down the stretch run so he doesn't fatigue for our long cinderalla playoff run

DonthaveaCOWEN is offline   Reply With Quote