Thread: Post-Game Talk: GM 43: Cats def. Nucks - 2-1 (Weise)
View Single Post
Old
01-09-2012, 02:00 AM
NuxFan09

vCash: 500
This seems like a game that might be a letdown but I can see it being a pleasant surprise as well in the form of a convincing win. Not trying to minimize what the Panthers have done so far this season at all, but they do play in a vastly inferior conference so going up the Canucks, even after the Canucks just finished the most emotional game of the year, could potentially be a tough gig for them. That and there's the whole "they aren't very familiar with the Canucks" thing too. Lastly, Clemmensen is kind of a wild card in goal. While he's proven that he be a solid starter for stretches of time, he's not necessarily a proven commodity either so who knows what kind of goaltending he'll give the Panthers tomorrow?

At the end of the day I'm going to go with a 4-2 Canucks win. The Canucks will show that they've found their groove on the powerplay again and will also get a couple at even strength. I suspect the Panthers will give the Canucks a good push, though, especially when their 5 man unit of Fleischmann-Weiss-Versteeg and Campbell-Garrison is out on the ice.

VAN goals:

D. Sedin (PP)
Burrows
Hansen
Edler (PP)

FLA goals:

Versteeg
Weiss