View Single Post
Old
01-09-2012, 04:58 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
The reemergence of Brandon Dubinsky

Quote:
ďWith the success I had last year pretty much from the start, I was always on the ice in key situations, and with that, itís relatively easy to maintain a high confidence level,Ē said Dubinsky, who had a 24-goal, 30-assist, 54-point season while establishing personal bests in each category. ďThis year, getting off to such a slow start, of course I wasnít getting the same ice time ... because I hadnít earned it, and that in turn made it harder for me to play with the confidence I need to be successful.

ďBut Iím at the point now where Iím confident that my preparation for games will allow me to do the things I need to succeed, even if I donít score. Torts and I have a good relationship in which heís made me understand what I needed to do to turn my game around.Ē

Now Dubinsky has five points (3-2) in the last five games, giving the Rangers ó home to the Coyotes tomorrow and the Senators on Thursday ó not only another top-six player, but an alternate first line with which to contend.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1ixQdt0wZ

Torts gave Dubinsky some tough love in the early days. Be a better pro. Mature.

The 4 year contract Dubinsky signed is always tough on a player. Mentally. More security. He didn't have a good camp which translated to a slow start.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote