View Single Post
Old
01-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
The only reason I think Stralman looks overwhelmed sometimes is because of the position he is put in.

1st year, playing 20-22 min a game, different style of play than SEL, on a very competitive team is a lot to ask.

What he has been giving us for what he was signed to give is ridiculously underrated by many on this board.

I think if and when Sauer comes back, a 3rd line pairing of MDZ and Stralman would be immensely beneficial. As others have said they are our best puck moving defensemen, something which we are in need of. Right now Stralman is being counted as being a part of our 2nd shut down pairing, but as a member of the 3rd pairing I think a lot more pressure will come off of him defensively.

What I'm most interested to see is, when Sauer and Eminger are both ready to play, who Torts puts on that 3rd line. I think Stralman has something Eminger can't offer (in his offensive ability) while maintaining a decent amount, if not just as much, of a defensive capability that Eminger offers. He's able to log more minutes, keep down his amount of boneheaded plays (something that Eminger struggles with at times), and help out in the offensive zone more.

Rust Heisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote