View Single Post
Old
01-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Right. I was doing the math based on calendar years, not actual NFL seasons. You're correct.

It may be Eli's first playoff game at Lambeau since then, but he has played 2 regular season games since then against the Packers, and lost them both (this year in NY, and a blowout loss last year at Lambeau: 45-17). Eli MAY arguably have a better receiving core and healthy RB's than he did in '07, but EVERYTHING about the packers is SIGNIFICANTLY better in 2011 than it was in 2007: the receiving corps, the QB, their RB situation, both the O and D lines, and above all, their D is almost night-and-day different, in a good way. This is a better Packers team than last year, when they won the whole frigging thing.

I'm MUCH more worried about a team like Baltimore and New Orleans than I am about the Giants. The G-men are just above Houston and Denver on my "Serious-Threat-O-Meter".

Eh. Obviously Manning has had playoff success, I'm not trying to take anything away from the guy. That being said, unless the Pack are overconfident and seriously rusty from their bye-week layoff or they get some significant in-game injuries, I can't see New York winning this game.
It's highly debatable about whether or not this Packers team is better then last year, more experienced sure...

An O-line that features Mackenzie, Snee, Diehl is not something to take lightly.

The Pack haven't shown many weakesses this year in their game for the most part, but they are far from unbeatable. New York just has to establish their running game, their defense has to continue to improve after each play, and Eli has to be...well..Eli for the Giants to win this game. The Packers aren't winning it again this year....heck even the Saints are a more formidable opponent at this point regardless of the teams records.

The Packers really haven't experienced the feeling of losing in quite sometime....something that the other teams left have.

I stand by my prediction.