Old
01-09-2012, 12:03 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Some good points made here.

What I remember reading some where was that Torts and Dubi were sitting down almost daily during his slump. One result was that Torts became convinced that Dubi was not prepared at the start of the season. Maybe that had something to do with the demotion. I don't know. I think they have a good relationship, but it also appears to be a complicated one to some extent. Two very strong willed guys with BIG egos trying to figure things out. It's all about helping a young player reach his full potential and become a true professional. That can add up to some peaks and valleys.
I noticed several times in 24/7 that Torts was going out of his way to compliment Dubi on his play. I remember in particular after one game Torts walked all the way across the locker room to give him a fist bump (and it wasn't a game where Dubi had scored or anything, just one where he'd done a good job forechecking and hustling). I think Torts recognizes that Dubi had lost his mojo (or one of Torts' favorite words, "swagger") and was doing what he could to make sure he kept his physical game intact while trying to get the scoring back on track.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote