Thread: Why Henrik?
View Single Post
Old
01-09-2012, 12:36 PM
matsblue13

vCash: 500
Why Henrik?

Why is Henrik Sedin the captain of the Canucks? This is a genuine question. There is no doubt in my mind that the Sedins are probably the best duo in the NHL and Henrik is for sure a Top 10 or 5 player in the NHL, but my question is why is he the captain? I only watch the Canucks in the playoffs or when the Leafs play them and I see more leadership from guys like Kesler or Bieska. So I was curious as to why he was handed the captaincy, and your take on it? Secondly, I noticed how your fanbase was outraged by the Marchand hit (I also thought it was uncalled for and dirty, especially since it was on a guy like Salo), but I did not see a lot of fans complaining about the lack of grit and aggressiveness the Canucks show in defending their star players. To be honest, it feels horrible when ****heads like Lucic and Marchand get their way with the Sedins. From my own experience, Mats would either defend himself by not necessarily fighting but throwing a crosscheck, slash or some facewashing. Otherwise our Tuckers, Domis would step in. I remember when Mats got leveled by Exelby, even Kaberle tried to get a piece of him. Where is the unity on this Canuck team? Again I'm not trying to be offensive, these are questions out of curiosity. Thanks

matsblue13 is offline   Reply With Quote