View Single Post
Old
01-09-2012, 12:57 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Lombardi had to make a big deal though, and Penner was one of the bigger names that moved. The Oilers also wouldn't cough up Hemsky unless the Kings gave them Schenn, and that wasn't happening. Teubert is a good prospect, but Kings fans are more sour because they traded back 1 spot to let the Sabres take Tyler Myers. Penner was the alternative to the Kovalchuk the Cap Killer, but I say that's more on the player than the team. I think someone said he hurt himself eating pancackes or some crap.

Also, Simon Gagne is a 3rd line player at this point, which is fine, but it's taken games that count to figure that out.
hindsight being what it is its easy to look back and say it was a bad deal. the Kings were looking for some size and I am sure the Oilers wanted a young defenseman back for Penner and they certianly werent going to deal Voynov who was Hickey's defense partner in Manchester. Maybe the Kings had concerns about Tuebert's early injury woes. I dont know. or maybe they didnt want to deal the #4 overall pick because they didnt want to deal with the scrutiny they dealt a guy many thought was a reach at 4.