Thread: Why Henrik?
View Single Post
Old
01-09-2012, 01:02 PM
vanwest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matsblue13 View Post
. From my own experience, Mats would either defend himself by not necessarily fighting but throwing a crosscheck, slash or some facewashing. Otherwise our Tuckers, Domis would step in. I remember when Mats got leveled by Exelby, even Kaberle tried to get a piece of him. Where is the unity on this Canuck team? Again I'm not trying to be offensive, these are questions out of curiosity. Thanks
Different era. We had the same thing in Vancouver when players took liberties with Naslund. Also, Sedins in the past have retaliated as in the Chicago series but that has played into the other teams' strategy and we lost the series.
As for whether we need more grit you'll probably find the fanbase divided. Personally I'd like to see a big third line player who can score and play a physical game added to the team. But there are not many of those available. We'll probbaly have to add a tough fourth liner but the days of having a goon who can't play are over.

At the end of the day we shouldn't try to outgoon the Bruins. The strategy we used on Saturday worked. Play physical and let the Bruins get off their game.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote