View Single Post
Old
01-09-2012, 01:36 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
The one thing I have to nitpick is the author saying that Torts "bullies" players. If anything, I think 24/7 showed that this is a common misconception about Torts. He struck me as being very supportive of his players, while also being honest with them about what needed to be done better. When the team is bad he yelled at them. Is that really "bullying" in a situation where the team is playing badly?
He's tough, but some solid players followed him here eagerly. Prospal, Feds, Richards. All guys who share that same will to battle and do all the little things on and off the ice. The young guys on this team are getting molded into a ridiculously good team, and those vets are showing them that Torts is a good coach and his systems and philosophies are bona fide, or else they wouldn't be here. I really think Richards signing here kicked everybody's belief in Torts up 5 notches. It was cool when Prospal signed here and said Torts was a ******* to him in TB but he made him a better player, his best. Feds too. Richards is a whole never level because he's not playing for 1mill/1year. He took less money to come play for the Rangers and Torts has a lot to do with that... he believes he can win here. He refused to waive his NMC last year in fear that the Rangers would get anxious and trade a good piece away for him at the deadline. He's a smart guy. I think everybody is on board and this train be rollin... got to stay healthy. And we have to hope the youth on this team don't burn out before April/May/June. Still alot of young guys on that blueline.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote