View Single Post
Old
12-21-2005, 12:40 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Anyone else notice that BobbyClarkeFan16 has the same arguments everytime any subject comes up on here? He is like a politician, he has his agenda, (Hitch's system, and the use of the young players) and he spins every thread into his agenda.

My thoughts:

Gagne - Always has been a scorer, the league is different this year. He needs a playmaker on his line that is all there is to it. He scored 33 with Recchi, 27 with Langkow and now with new rules and Forsberg he is really scoring. Last year he was on the line that played most, I dont see how that is banished.

Williams - He was traded cause he was the only one with value that we could give up at the time and we needed a defenseman badly!! The new rules are helping him as well. Hitch has nothing to do with trades and he did give WIlliams chances on all lines. I wish he was still here but oh well.

Carter - To compare him with Spezza is ridiculous. Spezza was drafted 2nd overall compared to Carter who was drafted 11. Spezza spent his first year in the AHL but hardly dominated. He had an equivalent season to what Carter had in the AHL playoffs. The only reason Spezza played in the AHL again last year was cause there was no NHL. Spezza had 21 points in his first 33 games in the NHL, Carter has 16 in his first 31, after all the crap he dealt with over the summer with his health. Thats a 5 point difference between a #2 pick and #11 pick. Looks fine to me.

Also, Carter and Richards are two different types of players. Carter is more of a pure offensive player so we he isnt scoring, it is going o look like he isnt doing much, compared to Richards who is more of an all around player. Again, both are doing fine. Players like Richards are usually more pro ready earlier than offensive players.

If he were as good as Crosby, Ovechkin, Spezza, etc. wouldn’t he have been drafted higher??? He is not in their class, that is all there is to it and I don’t know where anyone is getting the idea that he is.

Finally, in regards to the play more, the better you get theory, Zubrus was thrown on the top line in Philly, Montreal and Washington, didn’t seem to do much for him.

For the 3000th time, rookies need to adjust unless you are in that top class of Crosby, Ovechkin, Nash, Kovalchuk, etc.

PS – Let the coach that has won a Stanley cup do his job!!!!!!!!!!!! Last time I checked, BobbyClarkeFan16 has not coached any NHL teams to the cup.

PSS - Are you Jeff Carter's relative or something, you seem to have some big obsession with him??? Just kidding.