View Single Post
Old
01-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
I would love to have Bobby Ryan here. I feel like being that he's a hometown boy, he would play 110% every night for us. I also feel like he'd be pretty much the perfect future captain of our team.

In addition, he's an ideal player to pair w/ Giroux long-term.

In terms of what I'd be willing to give up, it's Voracek+. No involvement of JVR.

JVR undoubtedly has the higher ceiling and while I love Voracek, I don't ever see him being more than a 25-50-75 guy @ his absolute best w/ the perfect sniper paired w/ him. Unfortunately, we don't have that sniper on this team. JVR is a potential 40-40 guy and when he's actually healthy, he showed signs of reaching that ceiling. I keep going back to the fact that he had 8 goals, 16 points in his first 19 games before going on injured reserve. And as is (playing injured), he has 11 goals, 11 assists in 35 games to Voracek's 6 goals, 20 assists in 40 games.

JVR has also been showing signs of that domination in recent games since being paired w/ Schenn. He had 2 goals versus the Blackhawks, then drew 2 penalties versus the Senators (should've been 3, but a high stick went uncalled). He has his jump back now.

I feel like giving up JVR for Ryan is basically trading JVR for what JVR will be in another year or two (in terms of stats... their style of play is a bit different). Trading Voracek on the other hand is an actual upgrade.

I also love the idea of Ryan b/c I feel like he'd sign a long-term extension at a big discount to remain a Flyer for life, since it has always been his dream to play here.

Trade for Ryan, make him captain when Pronger is done, and lock him up for life.
What in the......

If Claude Giroux is here long term, I am almost positive he will be the captain of the Flyers

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote