View Single Post
Old
11-06-2003, 05:23 PM
momentai

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer
I think they are playing poorly because Horc has no vision whatsoever. He is struggling mightily right now...at least I see effort from Smyth in other areas...Ultimately, Horcoff drags the entire line down, and as a line, they are playing poorly tonight. The best way to get Smyth and Hemsky going again is to pair them with the rejuvenated Izzy...which would mean double-shifting him. Given the effort he's shown tonight, consistent physical play (he was like the 5th man and came flying into one scrum) and a goal has earned it. Maybe Smyth is better as a C lol.
Whenever they are on the ice, they get dominated by the other line. Jacques Martin is making a point of it to get the Alfredsson/Hossa line out against Ryan Smyth, Hemsky and Horcoff. Our Oiler trio isn't really doing much to stop the attack there.

Hemsky is making poor decisions with the puck. He's trying to hard and attempting to make passes right through the waiting Ottawa defense. He's not even getting in a position to receive the puck. Even Smyth isn't being smart out there.

I just feel it isn't fair to put all the blame for the lack of success for the 1st line on Horcoff's shoulders. I don't think Isbister is going to help if Smyth and Hemsky are continuing to play like they are.