View Single Post
Old
01-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Because everyone on Twitter tells the truth. Except for Edward Neary.

Until I see something legitimate report it I'll believe twitter reporters as far as I can throw them. But there seems to be a lot of running up and down escalators so the amount of time this took to happen without anyone seriously stepping in makes it sound a bit out there.
You underestimate the amount of cowards in this world.

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

So many people will not get involved in anything... no matter how awful, if it does not directly impinge on them.

While they may say when they read of an awful event, 'well, if I was there I would have stepped in.' most of the people who say that, in actual circumstances, do nothing.

I know this from experience, last year I was in a club, near the bar, and a guy at the other end of the bar was heavily hitting on a girl who clearly had no interest, and had told him several times, he appeared to have finally got it, told her she would 'never get any better', started walking away, but then turned round and punched her in the back of the head.

There were about 10 people at the bar who clearly saw the incident, and all did nothing, just turned the other way and looked sheep-fully into their drinks. By this point the guy was walking away... no one had still done anything.

Therefore I instantly jumped in, and proceeded to beat 7 colours of **** out of the little *******. I probably went too far tbh, and the bouncers had to drag me off him. The situation was explained by the girl to the bouncers, and he was kicked out and I allowed to stay.

Came out of the club an hour later with my one friend I was with... and him and 3-4 other guys were waiting for me. I was for the first time in my life beaten up, given two black eyes and a bust lip... would have been far worse but my friend ran back round the corner and got the bouncers from the club to intervene. Must have taken a minute for the bouncers to arrive, yet numerous people walked past and completely ignored what was happening.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote