View Single Post
Old
01-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Nitrous Mafia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
But I am a fan of the team first and of its players second. If this game of chicken goes too far, nobody really wins except the two of them. And I (along with many other fans of the Preds) won't forget how they handle this situation.

this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
I see your point and understand it. However these two men have fullfilled their contracts with the predators and have laid it out on the ice everynight an basically put us on the map as we speak. These two have earned the rights that the NHL awards them to chose to leave if they want to. This is not about you or me but what is best for them. I would be willing to bet that everyone does what is best for them improves their life when the chance is there. I believe these two guys want to win a cup and be on a winning team as that is the ultimate goal of an NHL hockey player. You cannot blame either one of them for being careful with their future since wherever they sign they will likely end their careers there. I also do not have a problem with them letting Poile know what direction they would like to see the team go in. No one knows exactly what was said or asked for. I doubt anything was demanded because both men seem like stand up guys. I think everyone knows this team is on the brink of being a top team and if Weber, Suiter sign with Peks we have about a 5 year window to bring a Stanley down broadway. I think if the management, Poile, and Trotz play it smart and get that missing piece in Smashville it could be very fun in Smashville this spring, even better than last year.

So much wrong with this post.

Guess you don't remember the 06/07 team, or the first playoff team in 03/04? Those teams put the Nashville Predators on the map. This team was here before suter and weber and they'll be here after.

5 years will not be the end of their careers.

Last edited by Nitrous Mafia: 01-09-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote