View Single Post
Old
11-06-2003, 04:47 PM
The Mighty Duck Man
R-E-L-A-X

vCash: 500
I think goaltending is going to be more important this year than last. In my opinion it will decide the standings. And, Canada has probably the best goaltending going to the WJC.

Josh Harding is my pick to start, as he put the Pats, who are horrible offensively, into high places. Unless he's like Cujo and can't win on a good team, only on a bad one, he should be awesome.

The backup job is a different story. Deslauriers is my pick to back Harding up, but Ward or Daigenault could easily take it away. It all depends on how they do in camp.

Ovechkin should get alot of points, but it's possible he'll have a bad showing and not do as well. Crosby should be Canada's top offensive ace.

If Ryan Getzlaf can do what he did in the summer camp in the final one, he'll probably get #1 center. Crosby may convert to the wing on this one, maybe for faceoff reasons. He might stay center though, with Getz(if he does as well) going to wing.

Getzlaf's fellow Ducks prospect Cory Perry, the OHL's leading scorer, should start on LW on that team, especially if he keeps up as OHL scoring leader.