View Single Post
Old
01-10-2012, 02:20 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Kings are still 9th in points percentage. 7-1-3 and they are still on the bubble of getting the 8th seed.

11-0 when scoring 3 goals. Only 11 out 43 games with three goals.

Will the Kings continue at a 0.773 points percentage? Not likely.

I'm happy Murray is gone and it shows the team was dead if he stayed.

Games like tonight and the Saturday game against Vancouver gives renewed hope for this roster. Let's see at least three more goals against Dallas.

Have the Kings had back-to-back game with 3+ yet? I don't think they have.
The problem is really that they're digging themselves out of a hole. The adage that points at the start of the season are just as valuable as at the end gets overused but it's so true.

I wiped the slate clean for this team when DS came in and as a result I've been happy. To me it's two separate seasons and they've been outstanding in this one. There are always points and playoffs to be concerned with but realistically speaking pushing into the playoffs from outside the bubble takes time and patience. This team has earned that with their recent play and like you said, they have their moments when they show that they're capable of being elite and all you can really do is hope that they put it together for an extended stretch.

Really though, it's a little too early for this team to catch fire and overachieve. 17/22 points is fine if the alternative is 20/22 now and a monumental collapse later. I think it was 03-04 when the Kings got hot in January and then lost their last ten or so games down the stretch.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote