View Single Post
Old
01-10-2012, 11:15 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Considering Erixon is close and McIlrath probably a couple years away--the Rangers could easily do a trade. Kind of wondering what kind of return we could get for Mike Sauer. Tuomu Ruuttu came up the other day. I'm not sure what Ruuttu's contract situation is but he's got good size and a scoring touch, can play a gritty and nasty game.
Ruuti's contract is not cheap. And to be honest, am in no hurry to trade away someone, who at a very early point in career, has proven themselves to be a top-4 defenseman. Erixon has to show that he can unseat Sauer before this can be a discussion.

Sauer may have had an injury history, but one cannot underestimate what he has been able to step up and do at such an early age. The strength of this team has been goaltending and defense. I am loathe to mess with that. And, as a whole, am not hot on idea of trading defensemen for forwards.

As for Erixon, until he actually shows that he is ready to step in, I am not simply giving a spot to him. Let him first make more of an impact than a Stu Bickel, and then we an start to consider whether or not he deserves a shot.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote