View Single Post
Old
01-10-2012, 10:44 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnake View Post
Thanks, DigDug is sick right now... I've got to get some time to trouble shoot that one... the Funhouse has recently had its flippers rebuilt, and the Donkey Kong was recently restored. The Galaga just got a new power cord...

Well, I got the plans from barplan.com. They were for a generic 8 foot bar with a built in kegerator... but I dropped the kegerator (that is next on my shopping list) and modified the plans to include my special puck top. That idea was original to me as far as I know.

The pucks are set into a piece of plywood with holes cut in it. I didnt want them to have a full inch of height because the 2 part epoxy I poured over them (envrotex I believe) was very expensive ($60/gal?)

The pucks are a mix of minor league pucks (I bought a mixed lot from officialgamepuck.com) one pratice puck I caught at MSG in the 90's, and some other ones I bought on ebay.

Honestly I'm not quite sure how long it took to build. I spent a lot of time just thinking about it... I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to pull off the bartop, so that took a bit of time.

The sticks are purely cosmetic. They are actually half sticks that have been ripped on the table saw lengthwise. I thought for sure I was going to lose a finger doing that... I built a jig for the table saw to rip them. That doubled the number of sticks that I had, and made them not stick out as much.

Yeah, thats where I got my base plans... thats a good site to start at if you are building your own bar. If anyone has any questions or needs advice in building their bar, I'm happy to talk it thru with you.
Need to add a Galaga machine to your collection.... Great game.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote