View Single Post
Old
01-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
opinions depend largely on when you ask. Had you asked yesterday (before the game), it would have been "same garbage, different coach", along with the stats to prove it.

Now that you ask today, the team is a whole different team... along with the stats to prove it.
Since I'm one of the people who wasn't a big fan of the Sutter hiring, let me explain my position. I've been clear all along. It is my opinion that Darryl Sutter would net short term gains by getting more out of the players than Murray was in terms of hustle and compete. He'll show some emotion, hold players accountable if they play like crap and get them to be a little more aggressive offensively. He, in my opinion, is not the guy to take the team to becoming a top ten offensive team though. He doesn't have a track record of it and he is a defense first coach.

I said it before and I'll say it again, i think he can and will get the Kings to the playoffs but I don't think he'll get them to a place where they have a top 10 offense and defense. Having a top offense is pretty important to becoming a Stanley Cup Champion in the post lockout era. All the teams since the lockout have had a top 10 offense (I believe it is actually top 7 - Ducks were the worst offense team to win). I think the Kings need to make a change organizationally from player personnel to coaching that focuses more on offense if they want to have a legitimate shot at the Cup in the near future.

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote