View Single Post
Old
01-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Nex06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I said it before and I'll say it again, i think he can and will get the Kings to the playoffs but I don't think he'll get them to a place where they have a top 10 offense and defense. Having a top offense is pretty important to becoming a Stanley Cup Champion in the post lockout era. All the teams since the lockout have had a top 10 offense (I believe it is actually top 7 - Ducks were the worst offense team to win). I think the Kings need to make a change organizationally from player personnel to coaching that focuses more on offense if they want to have a legitimate shot at the Cup in the near future.
Valid points, however the less goals you are getting the less you need to score. Anaheim was 8-9th in goals scored the season they won the Cup. What they did in the playoffs was increasing goal output slightly AND decreasing GAA. Playoffs are different. I think that Sutter can do both in playoffs - increasing GG and decreasing GAA. Or at least keep it around 2.10. What works for him is, that playoffs are by default closer and the qualities that Sutter can raise in the players become even more important. Every game should be an epic battle - if Sutter has anything to say about it.

Anaheim, in my opinion, was not the top performer in regular season. But they were able to play at a much higher level in the PO.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote