View Single Post
Old
11-06-2003, 06:10 PM
elphy101

vCash: 500
Elphy's Game Notes

My notes on the game against Ottawa.

Showed-Up To Play

Eric Brewer: Now that looked like the Eric Brewer of old. Carrying the puck, making some nice hits. Great outlet passes. Good to see. By far his best game of the year.

Steve Staios: What is there to say but solid. Made a couple of mistakes but overall. Steve played a great steady solid game. He is going to be damn hard to sign. How do you justify paying anyone else on the Oilers blueline more than him?

The RPM line once again played solid hockey for the Oilers. It sure looks like they are getting their chemistry back. Way to crash the net.

Torres-York-Dvorak: Played solid tonight. Didn't score but created some oppurtunities. Loved the chances that Dvorak was creating with his speed. Torres had some nice hits as well. Quite a few were off camera in the neutral zone but you could still hear the impact. I think this line might be the best 2nd line the team has had in over 10 years.

Tony Salmolainen: This kid should be in the NHL. I think he is ready. It's time for Lowe to make room for him.

Peter Sarno: Again, he should be in the NHL as the teams 13th or 14th forward. Played solid and has earned another game in the NHL..

Brad Isbister: Played solid until getting levelled by Chara. Hopefully he comes back soon...

Slightly Above His Average

Tommy Salo: I thought he played alot better than he has in quite a few games this year. He clamped down in the 3rd and overtime and made some key plays to keep the Oil from losing. He did let in two bad goals though. However his 31 saves did help to make up for them.

Struggled

Ales Hemsky: really struggled this game. However Oiler fans must keep in perspective. This kid is only 20 years old. Not to mention the fact that until last season, he's never had to play defense before. Defense is not played in the QJMHL. Every young player has growing pains.

Shawn Horcoff: First off, I'd like to say that he will be a solid NHL'er for a good long while. I think he is an excellent player and Oiler. However, recently he has really struggled. He needs to get some confidence back.

Ryan Smyth: Struggled. But he'll get back into form soon. I think Hemsky and Smyth could really use a defensive center with size between them. (Stefan would sure fit that bill)