View Single Post
Old
11-06-2003, 06:13 PM
Gags1288

vCash: 500
This start is a hell of a lot better than last year, imo. Last year, I didn't see the Flyers dominate anyone the entire year like they have a few times this year. I believe that the PP is here to stay because of one guy, Joni Pitkanen. He's sooo good at keeping the puck in, moving it to the open man, skating to the middle of the ice, and getting his shots through. This team has looked good in a lot of games (exception being the Jersey game, where they got tired, imo) and they have 3 lines that are all scoring basically every night. I believe the only question is in net. This is the first year in a while that I believe if the Flyers pick up a goalie like a Kolzig, they will win the cup. They have looked that good. As for John, he's been playing fairly well, though his linemates have been awesome (Williams and Handzus). He looked a little slow out there in the Jersey game, but his strength and balance seem to be the best i've seen since 2000. That is very encouraging for the Flyers offense and the Flyers PP.