View Single Post
Old
11-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
Just got back from the game. IMO, the Oilers tied in large part because of Salo, for the good and bad reasons. The first goal on him was simply ridiculous and embarrasing. But after that, wow. With the Oilers down 3-1, he came up huge to keep the Oilers close. This is what the Salo critics like myself have been talking about. Making the next big save. Tommy was sharp.

The RPM line and the York-Dvo-Raffi line was very good again. The defense all around was good. MAB I think needs a bit of time in the pressbox. I found he was bobbling the puck alot on the PP.

My concerns:

Line # 1 - Let's face it, we need a center. I know we've all touched on it, but Smyth and Hemsky are struggling because they don't have a #1 centre. No offfense to Horc, but he plays better with no pressure on the 4th line.

The PP - Its even worst live. Alot of worthless pass, a comedy of errors on the points. Quite frankly, I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

One last point: It was amazing on Ottawa radio how they described the game tonight in the post game show. After seeing their share of Buffalo, Florida, Montreal, etc it was great to see exciting hockey. Two fast teams going head to head. I have to agree