View Single Post
Old
01-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
Cam Reid has left St. Cloud for Portland of the WHL. As a Husky fan, this pisses me off to no end. I'd understand it if he was an 18 year old freshman who wasn't getting playing time but he's 20, has missed one game in his career and was producing at the college level. His grades were not great but he was still eligible so in my opinion, he did nothing more than quit on his team to play for another for a maximum of 5 months. This after St. Cloud took him when he couldn't get in to UNH. Congrats Cam, you just screwed a locker room full of guys counting on you for totally selfish reasons.
I think what's disturbing here isn't so much that he decided to bolt from SCSU to play in the WHL but WHY he decided to do so and his timing thereof. It's bad enough that the Huskies are without Leblanc and Morley, not to mention Mitch MacMillan has decided to transfer to UND to play with his brother, but to lose a player like Cam for the reason he has stated, is of concern to me. I was reading about this on Mick Hatten's Blog and this line stood out to me:

“They offered to have me play center on the first line with their top two players,”Reid said. “I talked it over with my parents and it was something I couldn’t pass up or say no to."

So what happens if he doesn't mesh well with his new line mates or his new coach decides to shake up his lines and ends up putting Cam on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th line and/or move him to wing like Motzko did at SCSU? Will he be ok with it or demand a trade? As Rocko mentioned, being 20 years old, this would make it his one and only year in the WHL. Will he be that much more pro-ready at the end of this season than say had he stayed at SCSU for the duration of his eligibility? (which would another two years).

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote