View Single Post
Old
11-06-2003, 06:51 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka
Bergeron struggled quite badly, as well. Not sure if you were listening to Rod and Morley while watching the game on TV, but Hemsky and Horcoff were essentially benched for the 3rd. I wonder who draws in for Toronto...Sarno and Salmelainen didn't hurt their chances with tonight's play, but if Chimera and / or Laraque come back in, how will they respond? And will it be a sustained improvement from them after sitting a couple and watching from the pressbox, or will they revert back to the ineffective level of play they were at before getting put upstairs? Chimera's confidence level was waning before he was dumped to watch from the sidelines.

On another note, someone please explain to me what good Craig Simpson has done for the powerplay. 0-5 tonight, I think we're at 28th in the league currently. Yes, I know we haven't hit the 20 game mark yet but it's creeping up. Salo had a mercurial effort again; looked great on several big stops but then he let in a softie on the Schaefer (sp?) breakaway. Brewer played much better, as well, but again he made a couple of poor choices when he was breaking out. And then again, he saved Cross's hide on a terrible giveaway during the 3rd. Frustrating to watch! Glad we salvaged a tie however...
Schaeffer didn't have a lot to shoot at, Salo forced him to hit a small hole at full gallop and the kid did it.